Start-up businessesDLM Marketing
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, more than 60 percent of small businesses fail within the first three years of starting up. It is a daunting exercise going into business, there are many reasons why a business might fail. One reason a lot of start-up businesses is poor marketing. It is important to get your marketing and branding strategy organised before you start trading. With the internet most new business owners will attempt to market themselves. They might use a simple drag and drop website builder, create a small social media network and maybe get some flyers printed out. Which is all good but most drag and drop website builders will limit what you can do. Particularly if you do not have knowledge of back end coding. The site is also going to lack some very important SEO essentials.
Professional marketing advice
Regardless on what product or service your business offers you should seek advice and guidance from a professional marketing company for the following points:
- Business plan
- Market research
- Marketing plan (FREE DIY TEMPLATE)
- Branding strategy
- Marketing mix
We have put together several articles that can help you if you wish to do your own marketing.
The advantages of a professional marketing company
- Seeking help from a professional marketing company will save you time and your business will benefit. By hiring a professional marketing company you will get to concentrate on the product or service you are offering while the marketing company is building your brand.
- You get access to a range of professionals. A professional marketing company is not made up of one person they normally comprise of digital designers, copywriters, web developers etc.
- Professional marketing companies already have the latest software used to produce essential marketing material. The cost of purchasing and learning software packages would exceed the costs of hiring a professional marketing company.
- Outsourcing to a professional marketing company means you will receive an outside perspective. One of the scariest things a business can say is, “We’ve always done it that way.” That phrase leads to surefire stagnation if not complete decay.
The question, isn’t if you can afford an experienced marketing company, but rather how much are you costing yourself in time, money and lost opportunity by trying to do your own marketing.